Photo by Earline Thomas, 2010.
I've written a number of articles and assorted informational pages. I wrote these mostly for my colleagues, but a few of them are also for my clients and prospective clients.
TECHNICAL ARTICLES AND INFORMATION:
EQUIPMENT "HOW-TO" ARTICLES:
MISC. HELPFUL ADVICE:
EDITORIAL RANTS: (Hey, gotta vent sometimes!)
RECOMMENDED READINGS AND RESOURCES OFFERED BY OTHERS:
- What Art Can Tell Us About The Brain, by Margaret Livingstone, Ph.D.
- Harold Merklinger's Depth of Field Articles, courtesy of JimDoty.com. Read these articles, and you'll never think about depth of field the same way.
- A Simplified Zone System for Making Good Exposures, by Norman Koren. Basic methods everyone should know.
- Understanding Bokeh, by Harold Merklinger, courtesy of The Luminous Landscape.
- Diffraction Limited Photography: Pixel Size, Aperture, and Airy Disks, courtesy of CambridgeInColour.com.
- The Digital Lens FAQ, by Joseph Wisniewski.
- Legal Rights of Photographers, a nice summary by Andrew Kantor. Know your rights, and stand up for them!
- Photo Attorney Carolyn Wright's Website
- SLRGear Website. Their interactive lens test charts are outstanding.
- DxO Mark Website. This is another outstanding resource for researching and comparing lenses.
- A Picture is Worth a Thousand Dollars. True or False?" This article, by Redfin, examines the financial and marketing benefits of professional photography for real estate listings.
- UV Filters Test on LensTip.com. This is an objective test of the performance of various name-brand filters and should answer the question whether UV filters diminish your photos (they don't have to) and whether quality matters (it does -- quite a lot). It also shows you don't always get what you pay for (thumbs up for Hoya; thumbs way down for Tiffen).
If you have any comments or suggestions about these articles, please feel free to contact me.
Notice: All images and web content are copyrighted by Sarah Fox, Earline Thomas, and/or Graphic Fusion, will all rights reserved.
Printing or distribution of this material is prohibited.